Mayville School District is looking for a licensed CNA to join our team as a CNA/Paraprofessional. This position is full-time school year and will work with our students, our Special Education team and our School District Nurse to promote student health and safety. See below for the full job description. Apply on WECAN, if interested. Contact us at 920-387-7963 with questions! #mayvillecardinals #mayvilleschools #cardinalpride
Reports to: School Nurse, Director of Special Education
Position Summary: Promotes student health and safety
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Pay Rate: $14.00/hour
Hours Per Week: 37.5 (School year only)
1. CNA license.
2. Holds a current CPR and First Aid Training certification or commitment to obtain such upon employment.
4. Currently licensed and/or eligible for WI Dept. of Public Inst. #883 Handicapped Children’s Aide license.
5. Valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
6. Possesses demonstrated ability to adapt readily to new work settings and a changing staff and student population.
7. Demonstrated ability to follow directives delegated by the School Nurse (RN) and special education teacher and to initiate and engage in productive work-related activities with minimal supervision.
8. Ability to interact effectively with students, staff, and others encountered on the job.
1. Follow current specific guidelines in the student’s individual health plan and Individualized Education Plan.
2. Provide assistance with all student specific care needs (tube feeding, bathrooming assistance, transfers, repositioning, using a mechanical lift).
3. Follow district, building, and departmental policies and procedures.
4. Assist with the management of student’s health care under the supervision and delegation of the registered nurse (including medication administration).
5. Function within the limits of health assistant/instructional assistant responsibilities as delegated and supervised by professional school nursing staff, teachers and administrators.
6. Treat all students, staff, parents, and others encountered on the job with respect, compassion and patience.
7. Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students and staff according to HIPPA and FERPA standards.
8. Operate and care for instructional equipment/medical equipment.
9. Training school district employees in medication administration.
10. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
11. Perform such other appropriate duties as may be determined by the administrative staff within parameters of the employee handbook, Board of Education policies, state statutes and administrative rules